This year’s Hometown Hero is David Peplau! The Mum Squad is excited to honor such a wonderful and brave soul who has not only served our Country and represented Bristol so wonderfully, but also demonstrates the heart to be involved in the community to such great lengths!
Please join us at this year’s Hometown Hero Breakfast Sunday, September 25th at American Legion Post II at 22 Hooker Court, Bristol, Connecticut at 9 am.
Also join us for the big Mum Festival weekend on Saturday September 24th where Dave will be honored at 4:40 pm on the stage and presented special awards of this recognition! Without further ado, here is Mr. Peplau’s shining resume and also a road map for all to admire and strive for in being an outstanding citizen, volunteer, and person. Congrats DAve!
- DOB 2/10/44, Bristol native all of his life. Graduated BE.
- Military Service: US Army, Vietnam ’66 – ’67
- Organizations: Bristol Fish & Game, Jacklin Rod & Gun, Bristol Military Museum, Korean War Veterans Assoc.
- Employment: E. Ingrams, Atwood Chevrolet, retired from New Departure.
- Volunteerism: Zionsville Lutheran Soup Kitchen, Member American Legion Post #2, Post 2 Honor Guard (provides military honors at Veterans Burials), Post 2 Exec.Board, Asst. Chaplain, extremely active with Immanuel Lutheran Church: usher,Board of Elders. Assists with Senior High Schools “Young at Heart Club.”
“Dave is the consummate volunteer, unassuming, quietly efficient and genuinely nice guy,” said fellow veteran Tim Gamache.