Bristol’s Mayor’s Task Force on HIV/AIDS/HCV is hosting an education forum on Hepatitis C. Pre-registration is required, please click on the link below to register for this FREE event.
Doors open at 8:30 am, program will run from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Speakers and Topics will include:
- Dr. Daniel N. Smiley, Connecticut GI will talk about the history of Hepatitis C diagnosis and treatment.
- Dr. Rebecca Eleck, Wheeler Health will discuss Hepatitis C in the Primary Care setting.
- Gina D’Angelo and Venesha Heron from the CT Department of Public Health (DPH) will present Connected “Til the End and Eliminating HCV and Ending the HIV Epidemic.
- Deanne Walsh, DNP, AAHIVS, Merck & Co., Inc will speak about the social determinants of health.
Breakfast and morning refreshments will be included thanks to the sponsorship from Merck & Co., Inc.
This event is FREE also thanks to Merck and to a grant from the Clinton S. Roberts Foundation.
Continuing Education Credits for attending this event will include:
- Approve by the Connecticut Certification Board for 4.0 CEUs
- This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved for 3 continuing credit hours by Connecticut Nurses’ Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- This program has been approved for 4.0 CECs by the NASW-CT
This is a great networking event! Click here to register.